APPENDIX A – Environmental Policy
Giant Electrical Pty Ltd is committed to reducing the impact of its operations and processes on the environment by a process of continual improvement. Activities are planned and performed to minimise environmental discharges and to comply with legislative and contractual requirements.
Giant will fulfill this policy by implementing the following objectives:
- Compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and codes.
- Assessing, controlling and minimising environmental aspects and impacts, prior to and during work activities.
- Taking measures through our Environmental Management Plan to prevent pollution, reduce waste and hazardous products and plan for the minimisation of loss should an incident occur.
- Promoting efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility and operations including water, electricity and other non-renewable resources.
- Setting objectives and targets for measuring and reducing environmental aspects.
- Promoting environmental awareness among our employees through appropriate information, training and education with encouragement from management for them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Regular review of our Environmental Management Plan, its implementation and performance.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to our clients, subcontractors, customers, public and other key stakeholders and encourage them to support its intentions.
- Responsibility for establishing and implementing Giant’s environmental policy rests with the Directors.
All employees have a duty to act in accordance with this policy and within the interests of the
environment in general.